We don't have many other rules, just some guidelines to save both, you and us, a lot of time and to help make sure that your stuff gets played on the show:
- Submitted music must be your own original work, meaning you and/or your band wrote the song.
- For music submitted to be played, lyrics should have NO profanity. Period. This is real radio, sorry. We may even have to request a lyric sheet of the song you want us to play prior to us playing it on the show.
- Production value of your music is important – don't settle for a junky mix! One of the biggest reasons that we are unable to play some of the music that people submit is because of a rushed mix, levels are all over the place, etc. Be sure to send us your best! Your stuff should be of the same kind of clarity as other songs you hear on the radio.
Other than that, that's it! The Indie Music Channel is truly here to get your music heard and to help local, independent artists like you get radio play. Your music may be played in other markets and on other radio stations besides a station in your hometown. Your music may also be played as a podcast on radio station's websites which enables your music to be heard around the world!
So submit your music and let's get it on the air! You keep making it, and we'll keep playing it!
Radio Airplay Terms & Conditions
Radio Airplay Terms & Conditions
By clicking on the "Submit" button above, I confirm that I am granting permission for my music to be played on the radio (terrestrial and/or internet), as well as via the music player that is being distributed by Metro Media Group, Inc. and/or the Indie Music Channel to radio stations for airplay on their terrestrial and/or internet radio stream. I agree and confirm that the music that I am submitting for airplay is an original work created by me and/or I have permission and legal right from the owner of such to enter into this agreement. I agree that I am submitting this music for airplay with no expectation of remuneration or compensation of any kind in return. By submitting this music for airplay and by clicking on the "Submit" button, I understand that my music may be played on the air of numerous radio station broadcast signals, as well as their internet stream, around the world, and it may also be used in promotional ads for Indie Music Channel and/or its radio and TV partners. I confirm that I am the owner of the publishing rights, and the copyright, for the music that I am submitting and that Metro Media Group, Inc. , the Indie Music Channel, and/or their associated radio station broadcasters will not owe me, or anyone associated with my music, including, but not limited to, my other band members, my musicians, my record label, my agent. my manager and/or my publisher, any money for playing and/or promoting my music as a result of my submission. I understand that this is an "airplay for exposure" exchange and that my submission of music does not automatically guarantee inclusion or acceptance of my music for placement and/or airplay. I further agree and acknowledge that if any of my songs that are being submitted here for airplay are registered with ASCAP, BMI or any other performance rights organization, I fully waive my rights to the collection of any and all fees and/or compensation associated with any performances rights organizations, music licensing organizations, etc., as it pertains to airplay on the above mentioned show(s), production(s) and/or opportunities. I also understand that just by virtue of me and/or my band being paid members of the Indie Music Channel does not guarantee that my music will be accepted for any airplay of any kind. Metro Media Group, Inc., the Indie Music Channel and their associated radio station and TV station broadcasters take pride in selecting and playing songs based, solely, on the merit and talent of the artist submitting their music for airplay. It is understood that all songs must meet certain professional broadcasting criteria and Metro Media Group, Inc., the Indie Music Channel and their associated radio station and TV station broadcasters reserve the right to refuse any song for any reason. Metro Media Group, Inc. and the Indie Music Channel and their associated radio station and TV station broadcasters refuse to participate in, or condone, any form of payola!
NEW! Exclusively for members of the Indie Music Channel!
The Indie Music Channel is pleased to announce the launch of 16 new
radio airplay opportunities, just for "IMC Pro" artists of the Indie Music Channel!
This opportunity is exclusively for members of
You must be a member of the Indie Music Channel to receive airplay.
For more info and to join, "Click Here".
Join our growing list of Indie Music Channel artists
who are getting airplay rotation through our network of radio stations!
Get promoted to hundreds of thousands of new fans in an instant!
How to Submit Your Music
You MUST be a member of the Indie Music Channel to receive airplay consideration
Due to the number of CD's received, CD's sent in for consideration CANNOT BE RETURNED.
To add your music to our play list,
please read the info below:
- We want to play your music, bottom line. What you need to know, though, is that we have LOTS of music to listen to so it may take some time to check it out, but we really will listen to it. For sure, no lie!
- Because we receive a lot of songs, we aren't gonna be able to provide feedback, evaluations, etc. If it is a song that is selected for our playlist, we will for sure contact you enough ahead of time so that you can be sure to hear it on the radio or online, and so that you will be able to let your family and friends know to listen for your music, too. We may even contact you and do an interview with you "on the air", so you can give some background info about your music!
So, here's how to submit your music:
#1) Complete the form below
2) After you fill out this form, Email an mp3 (no other file format) of your copyrighted music (your submission MUST be your original work).
The email address to send it to is on the next page after you complete this form.
Please, do not "snail mail" your music unless we request it. We have enough cds laying around. All we need in order to put your music on our show is pull it from your mp3. Plus, we would prefer if you kept the cd and sold it and made some money off of it
(rather than it sit in our pile of other cds).
If you must "snail mail" it, send it to:
Metro Media Group, Inc
c/o Sunset Gower Studios
1438 N. Gower St. Box #27
Hollywood, California 90028
Please do not send us any press kits. We have no use for those, either. Save those for record labels, agents, mangers, etc.
If your music is chosen for air play, you will be contacted via email as to the air date and station(s) that your music will be played.
Radio listeners can click on the Artists link and see a link to your webpage, social media links and purchase your music from iTunes!